Saturday, March 1, 2014

Mexican Stamps



This postcard shows a collage made ​​with 24 Mexican Commemorative stamps, issued from December 1, 1970 to December 31, 1971. The message printed in blue on the back is sending greetings from the local Post Office in the 20th SCT Home Fair and shows how to place the postal zone in the address.


The stamp on the back is a definitive stamp of the Puebla Cathedral that was used for many years. It has a special cancellation from the fair





This is a post for Sunday Stamps at Viridian's Postcard Blog


9 comments:

  1. I have three stamps like that, all the same denomination but different shades of blue - unless they have just faded. I also recognise Amando Nerou on the second stamp, bottom left of the postcard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I looked these up, I saw a page that showed variations in the color and printing of this design.

      Delete
  2. I have very few Mexican stamps, these look very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we dont see mexican stamps very often, thank you for showing us :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rarely get a Postcrossing card form Mexico, so it is exciting to see these stamps. You must have a great postcard collection. Is that an erupting volcano I see in the bottom center?
    Thank you for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The postcard is great for illustrating the various issues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's the first time I see stamps from Mexico!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the stamp collage - and I've been to Puebla!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...